Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Paisley Flower Tank Top




While I wanted to finish my Pastille over the weekend I didn't have the fusible interfacing for the neck facing; so I got this made Sunday night.













I used the free Hot Patterns All Wrapped Up Tank pattern available through Fabric.com. The original pattern has ties to wrap around your waist but I wanted the top to be more versatile, so I left them off and just went with the basic tank top.
The bust is a size 6 which I then blended into a size 8 hip but after sewing it up (before heming) I tried it on and ended up taking in the waist another 1.5" for a more fitted look.
I used my serger to assemble the shirt and used a twin needle on my sewing machine to stitch the 1" hem.The pattern went together very easily. I used a black jersey that was a sheet set - love when Walmart puts the sheet sets on sale, tons of fabric! I feel like the tank fits nicely, is a nice length, and has nice coverage on my back - I won't have to worry as much about getting a sun burn come summer. I am definitely making this again.


To add a nice bit of detail, I made a freezer paper stencil using my new Silhouette Cameo. The paisley design is one that comes with the studio program, I just copied it and rotated to make the flower. Let me know if you would like the studio file - I'll post it if there is some interest.

I wore this Tuesday over a long sleeve shirt and had a complement that my shirt looked store bought, that was nice to hear.
Hope you are having a creative day! Blessed Be, Alyssa






Skip To My Lou

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa,


    Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” Tuesday this past week! It means a lot to have you be one of our birds of a feather! I hope the party has brought some good things your way.
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!