Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Piped Pastille In-Progress

I finally got motivated to work on my Pastille! I don't know why but I just didn't "feel" like working on it but here I am now getting this done. I couldn't decide which fabric, from my stash, to use but finally decided on a blue poplin that is a cotton-lycra mix that I pick up on Fabric.com a while ago.
Hand basted the piping on instead of pin basted
Homemade bias tape piping














I decided to make this even harder prettier and made some off-white bias tape that I then made into piping with some cording I had leftover from a long-ago project. I am stitching the piping onto the neckline and sleeves. Plus instead of doing the three pleats on the skirt I am putting the piping in those spots. I'll show it in the finished dress post.
Finished edge with sleeve facing

Finished armhole- piping lined up, yay!
Started pin basting but gave it up for hand basting
I had intended to get it finished tonight but instead I was playing with my new toy! I finally got my Silhouette Cameo - yay!!!! I saved up for it and got it ordered about a month ago, it was delivered today. I am looking forward to doing some of the projects I have seen in the blog-o-sphere.
In progress Pastille

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing!! I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished dress. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!