Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

My Parade of Sorbetto

I've been wanting to do a post of my Sorbetto's and am finally getting to it :)
Very unlikely but if you haven't seen this free pattern before, it is a wonderful, easy pattern that you can get from the Colette PatternsColetterie blog.
As I mentioned the other day, I wanted to get a couple more Sorbettos sewn up so I revisited the pattern; but wanted to show you my Sorbetto's - I very very rarely make a pattern more than once but this is such an easy, wearable shirt that I have made a version of it 6 times!!

Very first Sorbetto

Second Sorbetto - reclaimed fabric from an apron style '70's dress - a bit thin :)
When B saw the leftover fabric laying around she immediately requested something
made for her - she wasn't even 2 yet!!

Had to make another since Sew Weekly came out with a sleeve pattern for the Sorbetto.
I used what I believe to be vintage lace hem facing for the detailing.

My Sorbetto to match my pj shorts - love it!
I really wanted to add some ric-rac to the pleat but don't have the color I wanted (peachy to match the flowers).
I have yards of the green bias tape made from the same sheet I used to
make the sleeved Sorbetto above and the dress below.
I also have a satin version to match the shorts but it is in the wash - I'll have to add it later :)

Last summer I used a couple different tutorials on the Coletterie blog to make a dress. I made it without the front pleat and did the scalloped hem for fun. To get the length I just drew a line along the side seam to the appropriate length, making sure to keep the same angle of the side seam going out (not a pencil skirt).
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
</>
Got the belt at the thrift store - am thinking I need to salvage
the buckle but am liking the gold belt with this dress.
I love this dress now that I have lost some weight (since sewing it last August) & am thinking it will become a summer wardrobe staple.

Well, I hope I might inspire someone to try this pattern - this is the perfect beginner pattern!!!
Don't be surprised to see more Sorbetto's pop up during the summer.

Have a good night!
Blessed Be, Alyssa

Linked Up to:

Skip To My Lou



150x200

1 comment:

  1. I love all the styles! I definitely have to make myself one of those adorable tops.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!